Press & Awards
- Ingenuity in teaching, research and leadership earns top honor. Sona Srinarayana, Full Circle, February 2022.
- ASU names 3 faculty as 2022 President’s Professors. Krista Hinz, ASU News, February 2022.
- Simple robots, smart algorithms. EurekAlert, April 2021.
- Greater than the sum of its parts. Gary Werner, ASU News, April 2021.
- Greater than the sum of its parts. Gary Werner, Full Circle, April 2021.
- Listen to Dr. Andréa W. Richa discuss the challenges faced by female professors on Professerror podcast. A general episode guide can be found here.
- Advancing the Theory of Programmable Matter for Swarm Robotics and Multi-Agent Systems. Jean Salac, Conquer, February 2021.
- SSS 2020 Report 2: Compression of programmable matter. Laurent Feuilloley. Discrete Notes, November 2020.
- Inspiring Equality in STEM for International Women in Engineering Day. Erik Wirtanen, ASU FullCircle, 2019.
- The Superpowers of Swarms. Cressida Lyon, Futurum, 2019.
- Georgia Tech Team Receives $6.25 Million to Study Collective Emergent Behavior. Tess Malone, Georgia Tech News Center, 2019.
- MURI Award Brings ASU to the Forefront of Emergent Computing. Monique Clement, ASU FullCircle, 2019. (Also in the CIDSE 2019 Annual Report, ASU Now and Diversity in Action).
- DOD Announces Fiscal Year 2019 University Research Funding Awards. U.S. Department of Defense, 2019.
- Smart Swarms Seek New Ways to Cooperate. Kevin Hartnett, Quanta Magazine, 2018. (Also in ACM TechNews).
- Opening Paths to Progress with Programmable Materials. Joe Kullman, ASU Now, 2017. (Also in ASU FullCircle and ACM TechNews).
- Computer Science Research Talents Bring Undergrads Honors. Joe Kullman, ASU InnerCircle, 2016.
- A Creeping Model of Computation. Dick Lipton and Ken Regan, Gödel’s Lost Letter and P=NP, 2016.
- Computer Science Undergraduate Recognized for Potential in Computing Research. Rose Serago, ASU InnerCircle, 2016.
- Programmable Material Algorithm Solves Universal Coating Problem. MIT Technology Review, 2016.
- 2022 ASU President’s Professor — Andréa W. Richa
- Outstanding Graduate, 2021 — Rebecca Martin. Awarded by Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- FWA Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award 2021 — Andréa W. Richa. Awarded by the Faculty Women’s Association, ASU.
- 2020 CRA Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Award, Honorable Mention — Joseph Briones. Awarded by the Computing Research Association (CRA).
- 2017 Best Senior Researcher Award — Andréa W. Richa. Awarded by the School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering (CIDSE), Arizona State University.
- 2017 Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Outstanding PhD Award — Zahra Derakhshandeh. Awarded by the School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering (CIDSE), Arizona State University.
- 2017 CRA Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Award, Finalist — Alexandra Porter. Awarded by the Computing Research Association (CRA).
- 2016 CRA Outstanding Undergraduate Male Researcher Award for PhD Granting Institutions, Honorable Mention — Joshua J. Daymude. Awarded by the Computing Research Association (CRA).